|NYDems | Jan. 7, 2022|
ICYMI: The White House released the following Talking Points from the President and Vice President’s Remarks about January 6th
Yesterday, the President and Vice President delivered remarks commemorating the one-year anniversary of the January 6th insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. See below for transcripts of their remarks, social media to uplift, and talking points.
You can watch the President and Vice President’s remarks here.
Click here to view the transcript of the President’s remarks.
Click here to view the transcript of the Vice President’s remarks.
@POTUS: Last year, for the first time in our history, a president who just lost an election tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power as a violent mob breached the Capitol. But they failed. And on this day of remembrance we must make sure that such an attack never happens again.
@VP: What was at stake on January 6th, and now, is the right to have our future decided the way the Constitution prescribes it… By We, the People. All the people.
Yesterday, President Biden and Vice President Harris delivered remarks at the U.S. Capitol to commemorate the Anniversary of January 6th, and highlight our sacred responsibility to protect our democracy and advance truth over lies.
• Together, they recognized the U.S. Capitol Police, the DC Metropolitan Police Department, the National Guard, and the brave Members, staff and reporters, who in the face of a brutal attack, helped defend the Capitol and ensure the will of the American people was heard.
• The President reaffirmed the commitment he laid out when he first announced his candidacy nearly three years ago: to win the battle for the soul of America and bring our country together. And, he forcefully laid out that at this moment, we need to decide what kind of nation we are going to be.
President Biden condemned the former president for doing what no president in the history of this country has ever done: refuse to accept the results of the election and the will of the people – and then create and spread a dangerous web of lies in an attempt to distract from his defeat.
• President Biden said you can’t love your country only when you win, and the real patriots weren’t the rioters at the Capitol – as the former President claims — they were the more than 150 million Americans who peacefully expressed their will at the ballot box, the election workers who protected the integrity of the vote, and the heroes in law enforcement who defended our democracy.
• It’s on all of us to support legislation to protect voting rights and democratic institutions, and strongly condemn efforts by states to deny and subvert the vote. There’s nothing a unified American people can’t do. Great nations face the truth and prevail.
• It is up to all Americans to stand for the rule of law, preserve the flame of democracy and keep the promise of America alive.
President Biden and Vice President Harris’ Comments on the Jan. 6 Anniversary
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Fields marked * are mandatory.